The first of our favourite recipes, tried and tested by the Silk Road family. Enjoy!
Time: 15 minutes
Best for: A cold winter's night
It is that time of year, when the leaves are golden and the evenings are coming alive with fireworks, pumpkins and Christmas lights.
We love a mulled drink and this recipe is great to serve at family gatherings, as the rum is added right at the end. Make a big batch for your next gathering, carol concert or Christmas party, everyone is going to love it!
1 litre - Cloudy Apple Juice
200ml - Silk Road White Spiced Rum
2 - Celmentines
8 - Cloves
3 - Cinnamon Sticks
1 tsp - Ground Nutmeg
1 - Apple and Cinnamon Tea Bag (we used Pukka)
1 tbsp - Light Brown Sugar (to taste)
Juice of 1 Lime
A few drops of Vanilla Extract (or a vanilla pod if you can get your hands on one)
1. Add all the ingredients into a pan, except for the rum!
2. Bring to boil on a medium heat, then reduce the temperature and simmer for 15 mins as the drink mulls.
3. Pour 2 shots of rum into each mug or heat proof glass (leave this step out for those not wanting alcohol)
4. Add 3/4 ladles of mulled apple to the mug/glass
5. Serve with a smile and enjoy the compliments!
Buy a bottle: